Manifesto – Enhancing the role of the Parliament
- Continue to support the development of the human resource capacity of the Parliamentary Service;
- Give meaning to the ‘Santiago Declaration on Open Parliament’ by resourcing the Legislature to enable citizens have access to Parliamentary proceedings;
- Continue work on the e-Parliament component of the US$97 million e-Transform project;
- Continue to provide all MPs with Personal and Research Assistants with a minimum of a first degree at public expense with same tenure of office as that of the MP;
- Continue work on the construction of additional office space for 23 MPs currently without offices;
- Construct a Parliamentary Village to serve as duty posts for MPs in order to improve their security and protection.