A key component of our strategy will be the implementation of a national programme on ‘Greening the Economy’. This will entail:
- Placing emphasis on ‘Green Jobs’ to promote environmental sustainability;
- Making the creation of a ‘Green Economy’ a major pillar of the long-term development plan;
- Implementing the ‘Greening Ghana’ policy starting with the capital city Accra where various types of flowers, shrubs and trees will be planted along the roads, in public places, schools and parks to beautify and transform the face of the city, to create environmental balance and to enhance touristic value;
- Supporting the nurturing and planting of tree seedlings across the country;
- Integrating environmental sustainability into all local development plans.