Our monetary policy will aim to:
- Encourage the Bank of Ghana to continue to implement policies that emphasize low and stable inflation rates, as well as a stable and productive exchange rate regime to enhance trade competitiveness;
- Support the Bank of Ghana to initiate and implement policies that will compel commercial banks to reduce the spread between their borrowing and lending rates;
- Scale-up processes, including not only working closely with the Telecommunication Companies to reduce the high level of cash transactions but also supporting the use of electronic payment platforms to effect payments for all forms of financial obligations to public institutions;
- Continue to strengthen the capital market;
- Encourage the Bank of Ghana to support our job creation agenda and economic growth through financial intermediation alongside the attainment of price stability;
- Support the implementation of the Ghana Depositors Protection law to protect small depositors in the micro-finance industry.