We will pursue initiatives to enhance the following:
- Accountability and transparency in oil and gas resource governance;
- Efficiency in exploration and production of oil and gas resources;
- An enabling environment to attract necessary investment into the industry;
- Opportunities to progressively increase local participation in mainstream operations of the sector;
- Promote environmental, social and human rights to a standard that underpins sustainable development;
- Improve policy formulation and regulatory capacity of key public institutions in the oil and gas sector;
- Increase and strengthen local technical skills in Ghana’s emerging oil and gas sector, in line with the Petroleum Local Content and Local Participation Regulations, 2013 (L.I.2204), particularly in critical areas such as drilling, seabed safety, production, operation and maintenance engineering, diving and undersea welding.